Video Producer/editor, Composer, Sound Designer/engineer
15 Alta Vista Circle
Ernst & Young, NYC— Video Editor, Audio Engineer
Oct 1997 – PRESENT
Manage NYC video studios, create, shoot and edit videos for firm of 250k+ personnel. Produce and engineer webcasts. Produce and engineer audio podcasts, internal and external audiences.
New York University, NYC—Professor
Sept 1991 – Sept 2007
Taught classes in Audio Technology, Digital Sound Design techniques.
SnideTv, NYC—Composer – Sound Designer
Nov 2006 – Jun 2009
Composed and produced music and sound for online comedy pieces.
Catalogue of over 200 works, numerous performances worldwide.
Columbia University, NYC— Doctor of Musical Arts
Sept 1985 – May 1992
Studied Composition with Jack Beeson, George Edwards and Mario Davidovsky.
Manhattan School of Music, NYC—Bachelor of Music
Jan 1978 – Mar 1983
Studied Composition with Elias Tanenbaum.
Stuff! Music and Songs for The Emperor’s New Clothes — http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/danielpalkowski2
Full recorded orchestral score and original songs for live production of Charlotte Chorpenning play. Released Dec 2016.
Axiem Awards (4) for music and sound design
Rudolph Nissim ASCAP honorable mention for ‘A Trinity in Moonlight’
ASCAP Fellowship to Tanglewood
EY Building a Better Working World, Regional finalist.
Reading of French, Spanish, German, speaking of basic Chinese
CURRENT COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
1. Manage two Avid edit suites (Media Composer V8 Nitris systems linked through Avid Isis), and one Audio production facility in Times Square EY office.
2. Perform video editing services on Avid MC8 and Premiere (currently CC2015), typically 2-3 corporate internal projects per week, either complete videos from zero to completion, or modifications of previous masters. Incorporate Photoshop and After Effects into the workflow as needed for motion graphics, text treatments, retouching, etc. (Examples in video section).
3. Provide live audio recording services, and editing, both on-location and in-studio. Primary tools (editing): Sony Sound Forge, Adobe Audition, Avid Pro Tools; (music creation and sound design): MOTU Digital Performer, Logic Studio, Ableton Live, Max-MSP, Supercollider.
4. Create Adobe Captivate presentations from recorded/edited audio plus Powerpoint slides, UI elements, and final export for web hosting.
5. Provide web publishing services via a custom internal CMS, external Akamai and/or Brightcove and Vimeo accounts. Have published over 9,000 internal and/or external videos since 2010.
6. Create and publish several internal and podcasts (audio), including maintenance/update of rss feeds, and integration with the ey.com/webcasts site. External podcasts (ITS Washington Dispatch and Cross-Border Spotlight) are available in the iTunes store and ey.com site, continuously since 2003.
7. Compose, produce and integrate music for videos and live events, using both live and electronic resources. Select, implement and synchronize music tracks from licensed libraries where appropriate. Recent example: Opener for Strategic Growth Forum/Entrepreneur of the Year in Palm Springs, done in 8 channel surround.
8. Provide onsite video shoot services and support, including camera operation, audio/gaffing/lighting, and teleprompter operation and setup, as needed. Expertise on Videolink Readycam system.
9. Provide onsite data management and editing services for live events (e.g. Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and Strategic Growth Forum yearly events).
10. Provide live mixing and sound services for external facing audio Thought Center webcasts, including active noise reduction using the Polycom Vortex EF2280.
11. Provide webcast encoding services using a variety of Viewcast tools including Niagara 4100 and Osprey cards, and both Windows Media, Flash, and H264 codecs.
12. Coordinate with external venders, e.g., Video Corporation of America, in studio upgrades and installations.